Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yeh hai cricket Meri Jaan!!!

There must be thousands of articles written n lakhs of comments made on cricket…but still…can’t help it..i hav to write about the game I follow lik anything…till date I hav watched every possible delivery bowled. ..(like most of the Indians do!!!)….be it 20-20, ODI or even the test cricket…l just lov to watch it…although it may not be possible to see the game every single time…u can b rest assured that I hav kept track of the scores….and as some of my frnds hav rightly observed I like to watch the game taking minute details into consideration…J.. Of late there has been Mendisomania which is testing Indian cricket like anything..indian players are considered to be best players of spin..i wonder wat would happen to other teams….but lik any other spinner am sure Indians would be able to solve this Mendis puzzle as well…right now series is nicely poised..but Indians need to solve mendis riddle n hav to do it fast to hav any hopes of series victory….hop they can make it…india played well in 2nd ODI…a couple of good things happened for india…zaheer’s amazing bowling n dhoni’s normal style of batting(which used to be aggressive in the past) at least in the beginning of his innings…don’t think captaincy has done any gud to his batting..his style has become too conservative to anybody’s liking…may be tries to play too many mind games, tries to play DIFFERENTly…n which I think, has affected his batting….anyways, like it has been said many a time..being Indian captain is never easy…at least he has brought some energy n aggression in the team n the world cup of course!!... it may not be as valuable as 1983 cup to many…but still..its a world cup…cheers to Dhoni n cheers to Indian cricket!!!

1 comment:

sam go said...

I somehow didnt get ur notion about Dhoni ..U started with critisizing him and ended in prasing him.. For me Dhoni is Best thing happened to Indian cricket after Sachin Tendulkar.
The way he bats nowadayas shows lot of responsibility .His leadership is par excellence and he really inspires fellow teammates.Though people say Ganguly was good leader , i didnt find any conclusive evidence for it , 2003 WC was more of a Sachin's scripted fairytale.
Dhoni's leadership and difference it makes is there for all to see.